Monday, January 11, 2010

Caronl's Diary 1950's


Carol's Diary
1959's




Dear Diary,

I haven’t written for the past 9 years, so you have missed so much. Well I’m going to tell you about the most important things that have happened so far.

There is another war that is call Cold War but there is another one call Korean War and the beginning of the Cold w\War created a politically conservative climate. The Cold War between Soviet Union and the United States played out through the whole decade of 1950’s.

While the war was happening out side the country, here is Canada it was an age of mega-projects like the St. Lawrence Seaway and Trans- Continental Pipeline. Politics were dominated by Politics were dominated by Louis St. Laurent, Lester Pearson, John Diefenbaker and Maurice Duplessis.

But not everything is bad; we have new fashion that is the boss! For example I got a poodle skirt and saddle shoes; now I put my hair in a ponytail and circle it with a pink chiffon scarf.

The other day I was at a party and I saw a baby! He was a big tickle! We had a blast! Also I heard two boss songs call Do You Want to Dance, by: Bobby Freeman, and Sea of Love, by: Phil Phillips.

Well dear diary I have to go, because I want to go watch my favorite famous TV show (that is also something that started in 1950’s). Its call “I Love Lucy.”

PS. If you don’t know what Baby, Boss, Blast and Big tickle is here there is what it means (baby- cute guy/girl, boss- great, blast- good time, big tickle- really funny)

I will kip in touch with you,

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment